Asian-American professionals

Identity is complex and fluid; it can’t be explained by demography or genetics. See my friend David Berreby’s book Us and Them if you really want your mind blown. For me, Asian-American has always deeply been part of my identity. Yet it has not been a deep part of my civic life. I suspect I’m not alone; just last week, an Economist article’s headline read, “Chinese-Americans are becoming politically active.”

Today, I signed up to get updates from the Boston chapter of the National Association of Asian-American Professionals. Truth be told, I would have joined as a member. But their website does not seem particularly up-to-date so I’m concerned that they’re dormant. Since I don’t yet know the organization very well, I’ll reserve judgment and hope they have meaningful programs and events in the near future. I’ll get more involved should real opportunities arise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb