Swamp Revolt training on non-violent action

A week ago, an organization called Swamp Revolt provided training to attendees of the Women’s March in Washington on “nonviolence and active bystander intervention.” This was not anarchists giving their Battle in Seattle advice for surviving tear gas and remaining anonymous. Rather, they sought to teach how to de-escalate hate speech and harassment in public spaces.

I didn’t attend that training. But Swamp Revolt makes their training material available here. So today, I read the material and watched their training videos. It was really interesting to read about method to intervene in public – and the necessity of that first person to step up. I feel better prepared should I witness, for example, harassment on the subway. I won’t be a bystander and I hope you won’t be either.

For a flavor, check out the video below. But I encourage you to jump in and review all of Swamp Revolt’s material.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krgcbiRu0ys&w=560&h=315]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb