Travel offsets

Business travel will be real test for this experiment in civics. Busy work days away from keyboard make it harder to put thought into a civic action. Today, I was in New York and pretty much onsite with a client nonstop through the whole day. To compound matters, there’s a winter storm coming so I changed my plans to head back to Boston today, a day earlier than expected.

Heavy weather has become more a fact of life that we need to adapt to. Today, I bought carbon offsets to make up for my travel. Actually I looked at the footprint of my train travel on this calculator and realized it’s only 0.03 tons of carbon, round trip, amounting an $.018 offset. So I combined this trip with an upcoming London visit to offset a total of 1.21 tons through Terrapass

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb