When the lawyers lead the grassroots

Today, I signed up to take the ACLU’s “People Power” training. I’ll let them explain:

On March 11, the ACLU is holding a Resistance Training. This event will launch People Power, the ACLU’s new effort to engage grassroots volunteers across the country and take the fight against Donald Trump’s policies not just into the courts, but into the streets. We’re organizing grassroots events in communities across the country to watch the livestream together. Please join us!

Sign up to learn more about People Power and the Resistance Training livestream on March 11 at 5pm ET. We’ll follow up with you about opportunities to volunteer and attend events near you.

I’m curious to hear what the ACLU comes up with. However, I have to say that they’re not off to a good start. The confirmation email for my sign-up seems to indicate that I can’t learn more or join the livestream unless I host an event somewhere. Since I have no interest in hosting an event, this is a bit frustrating. Oh well.

[Edit: I emailed them and received this reply: 

To find events near you, you can check the search tool and sign up for one of the events near you. To sign up to attend, and be notified when there is an event available you can sign up here!

So I went ahead and signed up for someone else’s event. Success, I hope.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb