Swipe Right for Girls Who Code

It’s International Women’s Day, which commemorates the women’s rights movement. Today, I gave Girls Who Code a donation through a tweet.

Why Girls Who Code? Software development is grossly imbalanced by gender, with some estimates saying 90% of coders are male. Big corporations, not just those in the tech sector, are faced with a problem in pursuing gender balance, which is often a strategic objective, while quickly building their development teams. And our workforce is lacking in software talent of any gender. So it seemed right to support a program that aims to change youth culture to encourage more girls to learn code.

And how did I give with a tweet? Tinder, of all organizations, pledged to donate $100 for every tweet that references #FundHerCause, to female-oriented non-profit of your choice.

I feel a little dirty engaging with Tinder. (Embarrassingly, I had to Google whether I should tweet “swipe right” or “swipe left.” I’m not a Tinder user.)

Tinder has capped its #FundHerCause at $250,000. You have from March 8 to March 31 to join in. See the details here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb