The Countable App

There’s a lot that goes into policymaking, more than most of us know. The moving parts behind any piece of legislation are numerous and the amount of pending legislation is far deeper than newspaper headlines would suggest.

Today, I downloaded an app called Countable, which “makes learning about what your government is up to easy and fun.” Well, easy and fun might be hyperbole. I guess the “fun” part might be that you can send video messages to your elected representatives using your phone. Whatever.

But what I do like is that you can get up-to-date commentary on current debates easily, with daily notifications of upcoming votes and subsequent notifications for how my representatives actually voted. That seems particularly useful to me.

Hat-tip to my friend Andrea for pointing me toward this one.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb