The Do One Thing Project

It’s day 66 of One Civic Act. I’m still pushing forward despite the fact that I’m on a rather grueling business trip right now. Still, I’m finding that doing one thing just isn’t that much of a burden. Indeed it’s been a privilege so far. I’ve gotten positive feedback , and I have to admit that it motivates me even more.

Today, I subscribed to updates from another “do one thing” project: named the Oyster-Adams Bilingual School’s Do One Thing (DOT) Project. What’s that, you ask? At the school, 61 students and 2 teachers pledged together to do one thing to be “more mindful of their consumption of natural resources” over the course of a month. Here’s more:

During the first week, students and teachers will collect baseline data on their current lifestyle/actions. Then, for four weeks, those involved will record quantitative and qualitative data to record their new lifestyle change.

That may well trump my more humble effort; I’ve done nothing to empirically record progress other than write this blog. I may have to up my game. In any case, please follow the project here to keep up with their goings on. It’s pretty inspiring.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb