#Earth2Trump

I found myself with an unexpectedly free evening today. So I scrolled through 15 pages of events on Eventbrite until I came across a concert called #Earth2Trump. (I might be the first person in history to do that on Eventbrite.)

The event was hosted by the Center for Biological Diversity, which aims to protect endangered species. They had a table and I had a nice conversation with them; they laughed as they told attendees that population control was on their agenda – while handing out condoms. We also joked about seeing familiar faces; she recognized someone from the immigrants march, and I recognised someone from the Planned Parenthood rally.

Also cohosting was the ACLU and the Sierra Club, so I ended up signing a few postcards for my state and federal reps, and signed an  Amnesty International petition regarding an imprisoned Iranian filmmaker. (There really is a terrific Iranian film scene, by the way.)

So who played the concert? Damned if I know. It wasn’t LiveAid. And with all the material handed out, they didn’t include the musicians and speakers. But they’re listed in their website, here. And I also signed their pledge so there’s that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb