The Circus

I was channel surfing today and came across season 2 of The Circus. Actually, I hadn’t realized the show had been renewed; season one was about the presidential campaign so I thought it was all over. Season 2 is apparently about the presidency itself.

Today, I watched episode three, in which our intrepid reporter, Mark Halperin, travels the country to talk to people about how the current administration is doing. As I noted two days ago, empathy is important and the show does a decent job of drawing out different viewpoints, if only on a facile level. I particularly found his visit with a 5th grade classroom interesting. Here’s a link to the show: http://www.sho.com/the-circus-inside-the-greatest-political-show-on-earth/season/2/episode/3

To be sure, I had bigger plans for my civic act today than to watch a show on television, but my day got a little messed up. Still, I found the episode illuminating and I probably would have watched the Simpsons had it not been for this project. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb