The People's Science

Science is a strong theme this week, which makes sense given my interest in the sciences. Today, on a tip from the organizers of the March for Science (subscribing to newsletters really pays off), I made a donation to the People’s Science. (I would have also signed up for their newsletter, but their website is broken. That’s a shame.)

I had never heard of this organization before, but they have a fascinating portfolio of projects. I particularly like their “Self & Bias Education” effort. As they put it:

The biggest threat to a healthy, equitable democracy is not human bias. It’s humans believing that their own biases don’t exist.

They have a couple of nascent projects underway for that, including one that addresses science communication. “The responsibility is put entirely on the public to determine high from low quality content,” they say. “We can do better.” Indeed. I can’t wait to see what they come up with.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb