Indivisible Somerville

I wrote about the national Indivisible movement earlier. Basically, it’s an attempt to use Tea Party techniques to advance progressive causes. But it left me unconvinced, as I wrote about.

Apparently, there are local chapters, too. Today, I went to an info session from an Indivisble Somerville outreach committee member. And I have to say I was impressed by the amount of coordination and infrastructure they’ve put in place, in just three months of existence. They mostly focus on state and local policy, as well as building some tools to help other chapters. So I signed up. Although I don’t think I’ll have time to do leadership or committee work, they do send daily action emails that seem quite well thought out and researched. Let’s see where this goes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb