What makes Somerville so sustainable?

Yet more about how awesome my city is.

Today, I went to a talk hosted by the Boston Area Sustainability Group about Somerville’s progressive actions toward sustainability. No one from the city could make it, but we heard about the dynamism throughout the ‘ville. Indeed, an important aspect of Somerville’s path is how much that’s being done outside of City Hall. (To be sure, coordinated with City Hall and aligned around the same objectives.) I don’t think we’d be where we are without that business and non-profit activity, and even just private actions by individuals. I’d like to think I’m part of that. I was able to to further connect with an organization that could help as I continue my attempt to go solar.

But bear in mind, as I outlined here, that Somerville’s carbon neutrality pathway is still short of the science-based target of net zero emissions by 2050. So much more to go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb