Somerville climate change coalition

You might not be surprised to hear that Somerville has a number of activist groups involved in climate change. Each with its own agenda, but not particularly rivalrous as far as I can tell. Today, I attended a meeting of the “Somerville sustainability coalition,” attempting to get everyone aligned. I was nominally representing Indivisble Somerville, although I made it clear that I was way too new to Indivisble to speak for them. Also present: Somerville Climate Action, Fossil Free Somerville, Mothers Out Front, Inman Square Climate Action, Our Revolution, and at least one other. Interesting time to get involved, too, because the City of Somerville is about to launch into its Climate Action Plan planning. So having the groups aligned now is important. More climate coordination meetings to come for me, most likely.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb