Sierra Club

There are days when I let my civic act slip until late in the day. To be clear, I spent time moderating Buy Nothing Somerville and I read up on Arnold Schwarzenegger's new digital environmental legislative playbook. I thought about a joining in a forest planting campaign of sorts and I monitored updates from Indivisible Somerville. I spent some time on a presentation I'm giving later this month with Climate Reality Project material and about a round table I'm likely moderating for Conscious Capitalism's Boston chapter in September. But it's 10pm and I still haven't done anything that actually qualifies as a civic act, even though my civic activities haven't slipped at all.

Today, I joined the Sierra Club as a member, because of their ceaseless citizen-based advocacy and lobbying efforts. I've been following their guidance and suggested activism for some time now any way.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb