Heather Heyer Foundation

The events in Charlottesville remain fresh in my mind, despite taking place almost a month ago (August 12). I don’t think I will forgot it. The most tragic element, of course, was the death of Heather Heyer. Today, I made a donation to the Heather Heyer Foundation:

The Heather Heyer Foundation was created to honor Heather Heyer, a young civil rights activist, who dedicated her life to promoting equal rights for all people. The Foundation has established a scholarship program to provide financial assistance to individuals passionate about positive social change. Scholarships will be awarded to those seeking a degree or certification in, but not limited to, law, paralegal studies, social work, social justice, and education. Help us make a difference, and as Heather had often quoted “If you’re not outraged you’re not paying attention” by Anonymous

I, for one, am paying attention. And I’m outraged.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb