Perthes Disease

Today, I answered a call for help from someone within the Workbar community, the coworking office I’ve been a member of for seven years. Someone within the network, whom I’ve never met, set up a GoFundMe page for her son, who was diagnosed with Perthes Disease. Perthes Disease is a  rare childhood condition that occurs when the blood supply to the femur is disrupted, leading to necrosis.  Surgery is coming up and thus the need for funds. (To make matters more difficult, the boy’s father left to work recovery efforts in Puerto Rico on the day of the diagnosis. He’ll be gone for nine months while he contributes to the island’s infrastructure rebuilding.) The long-term prognosis is reasonably good. I hope my donation helps to bridge the gap toward the long term.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb