Clinton Street Theater

It’s no secret that I’m a big supporter of independent cinemas. My time on the Brattle Theatre’s board has given me a view of the passion of the community of film fans who are patrons of these community spaces. Today, I made a Kiva loan to the Clinton Street Theater in Portland, Oregon. It’s one of the oldest continually running movie houses in the country. The theater changed hands in 2012 and its in need of some capital improvement, as well as working capital to host events. Those are vital uses of capital that will help keep the theater relevant in the age of Netflix. Unfortunately, this loan doesn’t qualify for the small Kiva credit that I mentioned yesterday. So I still have only a few days to make an additional loan.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb