Iceland Environment Assocation

I’m spending a few days in Northern Iceland, visiting Akureyri, Husavik and Lake Myvatn. This is a stunning part of the world, otherworldly in that these volcanic vistas are far outside of my experience as a traveler. And the area is relatively undeveloped, neither densely populated nor filled with many other tourists, at least in winter. The natural beauty is quite amazing. So are the Northern Lights, by the way.

Today, I made a donation to the Icelandic Environment Association, or Landvernd. Landvernd is a nature conservation and environmental NGO in Iceland, and I hope it’s able to continue its work conserving a natural treasure.

[Note: Due to a vacation, I fell a little behind on my blogging. But my daily civic act pledge remained intact while on vacation. You just may be reading this a little bit late.]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb