The homeless in Boston and...Ai Weiwei?

Spare Change News is carving out a niche as a newspaper with unique coverage of inequality, homelessness, culture and resistance. It’s also written, designed published and distributed by currently or formerly homeless, or otherwise low-income individuals.

It’s been almost a year since I last bought a Spare Change News paper, for some reason. Sorry about that. Today, I bought a copy from my local vendor. Vendors, who buy copies for 50 cents and sell them for $2, are the public face of Spare Change News as they hawk copies on the street. Literally. And it was 10 degrees outside when I bought my copy.

What particularly caught my eye was this feature article on Ai Weiwei, in which the artists remarks on the refugee crisis that, “The only conclusion is that there is a lot of inhumanity in us.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb