Dunkin Donuts: Adopt a Plastic Straw Upon Request Policy

The number of campaigns asking restaurants and the consumers visit them to stop using plastic straws is astonishing. It all seemingly started from one viral video of a straw being pulled from a sea tortoises nostril. (I’m not going to embed it, but it won’t take long to find it, if you go Google it.) The sentiment is the right one and some of the campaigns have asked consumers to stop using all single-use plastic containers for the month of July.

I started making my own yogurt a few weeks ago, inspired by these campaigns. And I’m sure I won’t stop there. Today, I signed a change.org petition to ask Dunkin Donuts to provide plastic straws only upon request. That would help Dunkin keep up with Starbucks, which has already announced it’s moving away from plastic straws. But I was also inspired because the campaign was started by two kids. The more the youth of the country can be activated, the better. And I found another, similar campaign to Dunkin Donuts and signed that one, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb