Sierra Club renewal

I’m a member of a number of environmental organizations. However, it often takes a little while to get a feel for what each organization brings that is a little bit different. Case in point is the Sierra Club. It’s 125 years old and has the largest membership among environmental organizations. What I like about it is it’s mix of volunteerism and advocacy. It pushes for legislation, as do a lot of organizations, and it encourages responsible consumer behaviors. But it also offers lots of opportunities at very local levels to get volunteers involved with the environment: planting trees, maintaining trails, citizen science, etc. I’ve been tracking those opportunities for a bit, with an eye on taking them up on something, but the right timing hasn’t emerged yet. Today, I renewed my membership with the Sierra Club to stay informed about local chapter activities and opportunities.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb