Somerville zoning released

A new version of a proposed zoning code for Somerville was released a few weeks ago. And yesterday, there was a presentation by the planning commission to the board of alderman on the new zoning code. I couldn’t make that meeting. But I heard from someone on the Climate Coalition of Somerville who did attend the meeting and she also forwarded the presentation from the meeting. Today, I went back to read sections of the code I hadn’t looked at before and I was excited to see some revisions that included provisions that amount to density bonuses for developers who decide to build highly energy efficient buildings. Similar to what we discussed when we met with the planners a few weeks ago. We’re digging further into the details but it looks promising.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb