Supporting journalism

Journalism is vital for the functioning of democracy. Yet, journalism is under assault on the business front from an Internet culture of “information wants to be free” and from the culture side and the spread of the “fake news” meme that is undercutting trust in the media. Today, I supported journalism projects small and large. First, I made a donation to a Kickstarter project for a small investigative news outlet called Truth Media in Florida. Second, I subscribed to the Washington Post, a journalistic institution unparalleled for its political coverage. While I subscribe to the Boston Globe, the New York Times and the Wall Street Journal, and read all three every day, the relevance of the Washington Post is higher than ever and they deserve my patronage.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb