Save A Life (Alliance for Safe Kids)

The Alliance for Safe Kids is a community-based coalition working to provide a safety net for youth and their families in Yorktown Heights, where I grew up. One of its programs is an annual event, called Save a Life. Save a Life convenes high school students and some parents around interactive workshops, covering topics such as managing stress, building healthy relationships, vaping, substance abuse and house parties. Today, because I happened to be in Yorktown, I volunteered at Save a Life. I helped to register students as they arrived for a few hours and to break down the registration setup. It was a great experience, meeting many parent-volunteers and a few students. And I got to take a walk through Yorktown High School, which I haven’t been inside for 30 years.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb