Hearing at the State House

Today, I attended a hearing before the Massachusetts Joint Committee on Revenue, to advocate for the Least Developed Countries Fund legislation. I was attending as a member of the Climate Reality Project Boston chapter, though we had someone else from our delegation speak.

The testimony was well received, I’m happy to say, with one chair of the joint committee clearly supporting the bill and several other members asking good questions. Here’s our full team, including two of our sponsors, Senator Barrett and Rep. Cabral, as well as a policy director from Oxfam, one of our coalition partners.

Today, I also joined the City of Somerville’s Commission on Energy Use and Climate Change as a commissioner nominee. I found myself speaking much more now during the meeting.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inauguration Day and the Hill We Climb